Thursday, November 15, 2012

My daughter loves polar bears. She is currently set on becoming a polar bear doctor so she can save them all. I don't always find "polar bear" clothing for her to wear and I thought it might be fun to make one from a very easy and very inexpensive way. Since I already had a shirt, bleach and contact paper, I did not have to go out and buy anything to make this.



This what you will need:

* T-Shirt (dark colors work best, but I used a bright blue)
*bleach
*water
* spray bottle
*contact paper or freezer paper (freezer paper must be ironed onto the shirt)
*scissors or xacto knife
*cardboard to put inside shirt
*shape ( used a polar bear )
*sharpie/marker

I went through my daughter's closet and found a plain bright blue shirt. I put a piece of cardboard inside the shirt.

 I then found a polar bear outline. I traced the polar bear shape onto the contact paper (paper side) using a sharpie. I cut it out using scissors. Then I peeled the backing off the polar bear shape. I placed the bear shape on the shirt.


I pressed the image firmly to make sure it was sealed well. I then mixed 50/50 water and bleach in the spray bottle. I used a mist setting on the bottle. Holding the bottle a few feet from the shirt, I sprayed it several times.










I let the shirt dry and removed the contact paper. Viola! Polar Bear shirt!


Princess is very happy with her new shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment