Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The 4th Doctor Scarf

After rediscovering my love for Doctor Who, I decided it would be super fun to crochet a "4th Doctor" scarf. For those that have seen the show, know it was the multicolored 14 foot scarf Tom Baker would wear. I found directions to make it here: Doctor Who Scarf Pattern




When I made mine, I crocheted with a K hook using single crochet. I cut in half the number of rows for each color and modified it a bit. My variation ended up being about 7.5 feet. My modified version number of rows and colors is:(going left to right)

 (start) 8 Brown  5 Mustard  11 Rust  4 Purple  10 Green  4 Mustard  14 Camel  7 Rust 4 Brown 5 Purple

21 Green 4 Mustard 8 Grey  4 Rust 26 Camel 5 Purple 6 Green 4 Mustard 8 Rust 4 Purple 18 Brown 5

Camel 4 Grey 20 Rust 7 Mustard 10 Green 4 Purple 21 Camel 6 Brown 10 grey 4 Rust 6 purple 3 Camel 7

Mustard 27 Green 8 Rust 6 Grey (finish)

My "Doctor Who" scarf. 



My daughter liked my scarf and wanted one. So I modified the pattern once more for her. I crocheted it with a P hook. This version was 49 inches long. The modifications for this scarf are as follows : (left to right)

4 Brown 4 Mustard 6 Rust 2 Purple 6 Green 6 Camel 4 Purple 6 Green 4 Mustard 6 Rust 4 Grey 2 Purple

4 Brown 6 Camel 6 Rust 4 Grey 4 Mustard 6 Brown 2 Purple 4 Camel 6 Grey.


Each scarf, has 7 tassels, 8 inches long using all the colors.

I think this earns me a jelly baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment