Saturday, December 15, 2012

Bow tie necklace

Princess likes the 11th Doctor and his bow tie.



I told her I could make her one and so here we are. This bow tie is for dress-up so it isn't super fancy and pretty easy to make.

Materials needed:
*red fabric ( Used a scrap piece of jersey knit, you could even use an old t-shirt)
* thread
*sewing machine
*ribbon
*pattern, optional

First I cut out a "pattern" from an old file folder measuring  3.5 x 9 inches. Placed the pattern over my material and cut out my fabric.

Folded in half and sewed the sides at 5/8 inches.

Then cut the excess off.

Turned inside out. Turned the ends inward and sewed them close the edge.

Used a scrap piece of fabric for the center. Turned in the edges and sewed together.


Sewed a piece of ribbon to one side of the bow tie, double-checked length on Princess and the sewed the other side.

Voila!


Working on making her a "bow tie" headband....

Was asked to make a fez...completed the "fez challenge" with amazing directions by Tally's Treasury!
I used what I had on hand, jersey knit material and old file folders and some yarn. For Princess, these materials worked just fine. If I was making it again, I would use the felt like she suggests.

Doctor-in-Training




No comments:

Post a Comment