Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Snowmen Magnets

Made these snowmen magnets by recycling old calendar magnets and Christmas sheet music.




Materials needed:
*magnets
*sheet music (I got mine here : Vintage Feedsacks )
*glue/mod podge
*foam brush
*buttons
*scrap of fabric

First I printed off the sheet music. Then I "aged" my music but placing it in a baking dish and brushing cooled used coffee grounds all over it. Then I let it dry.


I then used my "snowman shape" I had cut out of an old folder to trace on to the magnet and on the sheet music.



Cut them out and used mod podge to adhere the sheet music to the magnet. Make sure to use a thin coat on top to "seal" the paper.



Once dry I used acrylic paint, buttons and scrap fabric to create the details on the snowmen.



Keep for yourself or send to a friend :)




No comments:

Post a Comment