Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas Tree and Snowman Cookies...oh look the Tardis!

Back before the full swing of school began I had signed up to help with a Christmas luncheon at Princess's school. We were asked to bring 2 dozen cookies to share. I cringed. Normally I make my famous "spritz" cookies, but because I have been dealing with unpredictable migraines, I wasn't sure I would be able to make those. I needed something fairly easy.




I stumbled upon these cookies on Pinterest.

Tree Cookies from Real Simple
Ingredients:
*1 tube of refrigerated sugar cookie dough
* 1 bag of M&M minis ( I actually took the time to separate the colors into prep bowls)


First preheat the oven according to the directions on the package. Cut the dough into 1/4-inch circles.
The colder the dough, the easier it is to slice.

Arrange the slices on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Then using the M&M's make your "tree" design. I made the tree, while Princess topped it with the "star" and added the "trunk".






Bake according to the package instructions and cool on a wire rack. I have found allowing the cookies to sit on the cookie sheet for a minutes before transferring to the wire rack helps the cookie keep it's shape better.


After making 12 "trees", we decided to make "snowmen" for the other dozen cookies.



Then I got really creative with my Whovian-self and decided to attempt a "TARDIS" and the Doctor's "bow tie". Let me point out the Doctor Who Christmas Special is called "The Snowmen."  I didn't realize I had made the perfect treat for the upcoming episode until after I snapped this picture.

Before we baked them.



Very easy and quick to make, especially if you are strapped for time. Merry Christmas!



1 comment: